Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Overcoming Fears

Ashlee has been in swim lessons, on and off, for 2 1/2 years and has yet to really put her face in the water. She is deathly afraid to put her face under and I've never tried to force her because I don't want her to become even more scared than she already is. So, I've been letting her learn swimming at her own pace. Though, this summer I did move her up to the lvl 1 class instead of the toddler class. I also bought her some goggles in the hope that she would put her eyes in. As my typical stubborn Ashlee, that didn't help one bit. At least, not until last week. Her teacher is an older woman and not the usual high school boys she has normally had. Ashlee has a way of batting her eyes and getting her way--she is a very good flirt. Her flirting doesn't work well on an older lady LOL This amazing teacher has done what no other person has done before *drumroll* gotten Ashlee to put her entire head underwater, willingly! I don't know what magic voodoo she used on her daughter, but I worked. I am so proud of my daughter for overcoming one of her big fears.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good job Ashlee! What is the teachers name? Is it Carrie, but chance? If it is her, we LOVE her. She is awesome.