Friday, October 3, 2008

my daughter the soccer player

I often thought this year about signing Ashlee up for soccer. For a long time, she told me that she only wanted to dance, but i thought that soccer might be good for her. I was so very, very wrong. Tonight we decided to go out in the back yard and play some soccer. Alex was on my team and Ashlee was with Adam. Earlier that day, Ashlee had somehow suckered my dad into raking leaves with her to make a leaf pile that she could jump in. Unfortunately for her, there aren't enough leaves on the ground yet to make a good leaf pile.
see, it's a pretty pathetic leaf pile....
As Adam is trying so hard to get her to play soccer with him, she lays down in her leaf pile and makes leaf angels! I really wish I'd been able to get a picture of her doing that! Anyway, so Adam tells her to go get the ball. Ashlee proceeds to get up and get the ball and then goes back to her leaf pile and jumps around. Where's her team spirit? LOL
Needless to say, I'm glad I didn't waste the money putting her in soccer. She is right, dance is definitely her thing.

No comments: