Thursday, August 6, 2009

the continuing adventures of suzy homemaker

I know, it's been a long time since I've blogged, so, you'd think that I'd catch you up on Alex's baptism, Dad's accident, the first day of school for the oldest two, or any of the other moments in my life over the last month. but, no, I'm in the mood to blog about my most recent homemaking adventures!
SO, here we go:





I made another purse and I like this one a lot better. The fabric is cute. I just need to figure out how to make a closure that I like and am capable of doing because my sewing abilities are limited. Please excuse the messy counter :)





Next on tap was a Cincinnati Bengals apron I made. Why the Bengals you ask? Well, I went into Hancock Fabrics this week and this fabric just called out to me. My nostalgia for Ohio strikes again! I got the pattern from http://katesgreatkitchen.blogspot.com/ She has such a fun and inspiring website. I took a few liberties and changed the pattern and I was really pleased with the result. It fits WOOHOO!
















Does it stop there? oh no! My neighbor Richard gave me a LOT of apricots and I was wondering what in the heck do I do with all of these things! I was trying to eat as many as I could, because, they are soooo yummy, but we still had an overabundance. Mom happened to remember that she has a dehydrator, so we got it out, read how to use it, and away I went!








I also cooked and froze corn and shredded zucchini.
As most of you know, we also have an overabundance of squash. So, I made some zucchini bread today too. I'm hoping to get some more baking in tomorrow, but we'll see. I can only do so much homemaking before I start to go crazy. If you notice that I'm pulling my hair out in a few days, you'll know why!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I miss my mom and grandma's wonderful dehydrated food--especially the fruit leather and fruit roll-ups they used to make. Sadly, I never learned to sew. Way to be domestic!

Fulkerson Clan said...

so is it susie or suzy? does mom know you have an alter-ego named after her? lol! i think it's great you're doing all of that fun stuff, it's almost like you are nesting too! maybe that means you will come over and do some domestic stuff at my house for me since i can't anymore! boo-hoo!!

Jenn said...

lol i should come help you more than i do :P i think i'm just excited that all the sudden i have all this free time w/ only erik around!! and no, mom doesn't know i named my alter ego after her heheheh don't tell!!