Tuesday, July 7, 2009

my susie homemaker adventures

Lately, I've been a bit domestic. For the 4th of July, I made star studded mini pies from http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/07/star-studded-mini-pies.html. They were delicious and sooo easy. So easy, in fact, that the kiddies helped me make them. (I don't know if I've ever mentioned ourbestbites.com before, but, seriously, everything I've ever made from their website has been delicious! Thank you Amy for showing it to me!)

Here is a pic as they are waiting to be transported to my mother-in-law's house to be devoured by ravenous children!

And, here is a pic of why the children were so ravenous!







My next homemaking project was making a purse. I've never made a purse before and was a little nervous about the whole thing, but I found another great tutorial http://vintagericrac.blogspot.com/2008/01/1-hour-bag-tutorial.html I had to tweak it a little because I didn't have buttons or a magnetic clasp, but I think it turned out to be pretty cute. I got the fabric from Pine Needles at Gardner Village. I also got the cutest model out there to pose for me :)


Alex attended his first scout camp this week and managed to lose, in the first day, his inhaler, his belt (seriously, how do you lose a belt???), and my water bottle carrier.


Good thing Alex is such a cute scout! Here is a pic of him before he lost everything LOL Well, he lost the water carrier on monday, but on wednesday we are going to Lagoon and I knew we needed one. It's hot in Utah in the summer and I don't want to shrivel up and die so I need my water! Ah, yes, as usual, I am digressing. I found yet another fantastic tutorial http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/2009/05/water-bottle-sling.html and I made 2 water bottle holders in about 30 minutes tonight.
Here are my favorite models sporting their new water bottle carriers! I might just survive Lagoon tomorrow! I am hopeful that someday I might just yet make it as a domestic diva!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You have been busy! I saw those pies... they do look good. That water bottle sling looks really neat, might just have to try it. Or have my sister do it for me... lol!