I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christ-filled Christmas and a fantastic New Year! During this time of year, I can't help but reflect on all of my blessings. Sometimes, I am amazed at how much Heavenly Father has blessed me with.
1. A wonderful family--everyone is happy and healthy
2. the gospel in my life--the gospel fills my life with hope, my days with patience, and my soul with peace.
3. my parents live with us in a mother-in-law apartment downstairs--some people may not see this as a blessing, but my parents have kept me sane, especially with Adam traveling as much as he has been lately.
4. A husband who loves and cares about me and who is an especially caring father to our children. We have so much in common--we even share similar nerdiness factors--yes, i know, it's scary! I appreciate that my husband provides for our family, so that I can stay home with our children.
5. A warm home and plenty of food to eat. As we all know, I like to eat!
6. a sewing machine--i know, it's kind of a weird thing to be grateful for. Sewing is a great stress reliever for me and I find that I like to have something to show for my hobbies. My sewing isn't great, but I'm finally to the point that some of what I sew can even be worn in public; for example, the Christmas pajamas that caused me so much stress this year! 7. I am blessed to have my sister and her family live only 5 minutes from my house. What a joy it has been to spend so much time with her and her family! Our kids play well together and I can go and bug her whenever I feel like it. Good thing our hubbies get along!!
8. I am also grateful for time; time to enjoy and love my family, play games with the kids, sew, cook, read, and do the other things that I enjoy.
I am grateful for this time of year to really reflect on life, on who i am and who i want to be. I have been giving a lot of thought lately to where I want to go with this new year and, hopefully, i will be able to accomplish the majority of my goals. Here's to 2009 and all the possibilities that come with a new year!