- I read 4 books last week instead of :cleaning, doing all that Relief Society president stuff, playing outside when the weather was decent, blogging, getting things ready for Easter, getting things ready for our vacation towards the end of this month, or sewing.
- Did I read anything philosophical or even mildly mind expanding? NOPE!!
- I read the last 2 Percy Jackson books, The Apothecary's Daughter and Lady of Milkweed Manor by Julie Klassen.
- At that point, I was feeling a bit of guilt, kind of like I was slumming it, so I picked up Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
- I haven't read that one since high school. I think the creepy movies put me off of ever reading it again.
- I'm about 1/4 of the way through it now and I must confess that I'm not really enjoying it, but I will see it through to the end.
- I'm conditioned to like the classics, but I've always been put off a bit by Dickens.
- I've got other books staring at me on my bedside table (thanks to that big order I had placed to Amazon.com a few weeks ago) but I'm going to hang out with Mr. Dickens this week and try to understand how he saw society.
- Maybe i'll even clean, act like the Relief Society president that I am, and play with my kids this week too.
- I really miss my husband!
Sunday, March 28, 2010
yet another confessional
So, Adam's been gone half of last week and he'll be mostly gone for the next two weeks. What do I do while he's gone? the logical thing for an English major: read! (There's the confessional part)